ICE Inspiring Engineering Excellence conference - Sharing lessons to improve risk management and project safety
Location: One Great George St, London
Date: Tuesday 6th December 2022
Time: 1:30pm - 6:30pm
Cost: FREE - limited in-person places
Society depends on infrastructure but there can also be far-reaching and tragic consequences when things go wrong. Civil engineers can help drive safety by seeking out and disseminating lessons from global incidents and successes to develop technical expertise and techniques to manage risk.
The inaugural Inspiring Engineering Excellence conference from ICE Knowledge is an opportunity for civil engineers to pinpoint how they can improve industry approaches to safety management, better investigate when things go wrong, and create a more constructive approach to sharing best practice and lessons.
The event will bring together leading professionals to discuss the impact for the role of the engineer in improving safety across projects and programmes. It will also include an immersive workshop run by Active Training Team (ATT) who use realistic scenarios to explore how organisations should approach safety, leadership, and responsibility.
GIRI board member Richard Davis from Kier will participate in the panel discussion.
- Keynote Talk: Using data to understand failures and mitigate risk
- Workshop with ATT: Right from the start
- Investigations: Assessing, learning, and taking action by Nick Bucknall, inspector, RAIB
- Panel chaired by Julie Bregulla: Creating a process that enables teams to better identify and manage risks and failures
- Reflections by Mark Hansford, director of engineering knowledge, ICE and Tim Chapman, director of infrastructure design, Arup
The conference will be followed by a networking reception featuring an update on SAID 3 by Andrew McNaughton, director, Aczel and SAID project lead.
This is a hybrid event with limited in-person spaces, so make sure to register early to secure your place: https://www.ice.org.uk/events/latest-events/ice-inspiring-engineering-excellence-conference/