GIRI/ICE webinar: Eliminating error & improving value for UK construction
Date: Thursday 10th September 2020
Time: 3:30pm - 4:30pm
Cost: Free to attend.
Research by UK construction industry companies and the CITB into the costs and causes of avoidable error in UK construction found that we are spending between 15% and 25% of total project costs dealing with the consequences of avoidable error.
This webinar will set out the background to the research and then explain how 56 organisations including well-known clients, contractors, designers, insurers and technology providers have joined together as the Get It Right Initiative (GIRI). This has the strategic aim of improving construction productivity and quality by eliminating error.
We will explain how the initiative is meeting its goals which are to:
- Create a culture and working environment to get it right from the start
- Change attitudes and harness leadership responsibility to reduce error and improve quality and productivity
- Engage all stakeholders in eliminating error from inception, through operation, to completion
- Share knowledge about error reduction processes and systems
- Improve skills across the sector creating a positive approach to pre-empting error
We will discuss the Guide to Improving Value by Reducing Design Error published by the Get It Right Initiative and in particular how the principles set out in the design guide are relevant to the industry as a whole.
We will also discuss GIRI’s proposals for raising the profile of getting it right by developing a universally-accepted metric for measuring error.
The event is co-hosted by GIRI and the Institution of Civil Engineers - for more information visit https://www.ice.org.uk/events/get-it-right-initiative-webinar