GIRI forum: Working with changing supply chains & materials
Date: Thursday 18th June 2020
Time: 4:00pm - 5:00pm
Cost: Free (Open to GIRI members and industry professionals)
This forum will focus on how to work with changing supply chains and materials, whilst continuing to avoid errors. Nick Francis from GIRI Training & Consultancy will lead the proceedings.
How will participants benefit?
One of the key concerns identified during our first online forum was changes in supply chains and materials as a result of the COVID 19 crisis. Members expressed particular concern that these changes were unlikely to be well managed during the current chaos, and identified that working with new supply chains, and substitutions of materials, could lead to a spike in costly errors.
This forum will focus on identifying potential errors before they arise, and will introduce a number of tools which can help companies and project teams to manage the challenges of rapidly changing supply chains and materials. Delegates will participate in an interactive workshop and Nick Francis will deliver excerpts from the GIRI interfaces courses, explaining the interface triangle, the underpinning principles of effective communication, and how applying some very simple measures can accelerate the maturity of project teams.
- Introduction from GIRI Executive Director, Tom Barton, including an update on the outcomes from the first three forums.
- Introduction to the ‘space-time-people’ triangle of interface management, and how this can be used to mitigate the challenges of rapidly-changing supply chains and materials.
- Lesson on communication, identifying the fundamentals of effective communication and how communication shapes our quality culture.
- The power of back-briefing and using open questions to prevent errors.
- Introduction to ‘personality cards’, exploring how these can accelerate the maturity of a newly-formed project team.
- Summary of key observations.
The webinar will be hosted by GIRI on Microsoft Teams. A limited number of places are available and they will be allocated on a first-come basis with preference given to GIRI member companies.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register. Joining instructions will be sent out before the event.
Deadline for registration is midday on 17th June.
For all queries please contact email@example.com