GIRI forum. Off-site manufacturing; is it the panacea for construction error?
Date: Monday 28th June 2021
Time: 1:00pm - 2:30pm
Cost: Free (Open to GIRI members and industry professionals)
The latest event in GIRI's fourth series of discussion forums will focus on the role that off-site manufacturing has to play in error reduction, with interactive sessions, presentations, and input from industry experts.
Participants will consider whether off-site manufacturing is the panacea for construction error or whether there are wider implications that we don’t yet understand.
- The session will start with participants sharing their own experiences of off-site manufacture and an overview of how off-site manufacturing is influencing the sector.
- A presentation from Knight Architects on their new fibre-reinforced polymer modular bridge for Network Rail.
- Group discussions to explore the impact of off-site manufacturing on the most common root-causes of error.
- A comparison of the project lifecycles of traditional versus modular methods of construction.
- Use of the GIRI interfaces triangle to investigate if off-site construction leads to new interfaces
- Small group workshops to explore how new interfaces should be managed to prevent errors.
How participants will benefit
The session will conclude by drawing together the various lessons, with participants identifying key priorities to prevent error on projects involving off-site manufacturing and modern methods of construction.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register, stating the date of the forum you wish to attend.
Registration closes at midday on Friday 25th June. Meeting link will be sent out after registration closes.