GIRI forum: managing & motivating staff under Covid-19
Date: Thursday 21st May 2020
Time: 4:00pm - 5:00pm
Cost: Free (Open to GIRI members and industry professionals)
The initial GIRI forum on 23 April identified some urgent challenges facing the industry, as we ride out the Covid-19 crisis. One of the top concerns was how to manage and motivate staff.
Participants identified that the impact of the Covid-19 crisis is very different across the industry: while some staff remain in work, and are being expected to work harder than ever for reduced pay, others have been furloughed and may feel redundant or undervalued. Crucial contract staff and subcontractors may have been laid off all together.
Taken together, these factors create a perfect storm for suspicion, dissatisfaction and fragmentation of the workforce.
Linking these factors back to GIRI research, participants agreed this is likely to lead to a spike in error, at exactly the point when companies and the industry can least afford it.
This forum will focus on staff morale and behaviour, in particular exploring the likely impacts of the current situation. Nick Francis from GIRI Training & Consultancy will run a very short lesson on the behavioural models used in the GIRI Supervisor & Manager courses, followed by a workshop to identify practical measures for looking after staff now.
- Introduction from GIRI executive director Tom Barton, with update on outcomes from the first forum.
- Interactive workshop to identify the behavioural trends we expect to see: from staff who are currently working; from furloughed staff; from contractors who are currently out of work.
- Lesson on behaviours, in particular exploring the concepts of 'unhelpful agreement' and 'helpful disagreement', and how these relate to the current crisis.
- Online poll to identify key challenge areas for maintaining positive behaviour within the workforce.
- Interactive workshop to identify practical measures to maintain workforce morale and promote positive behaviour.
- Summary of key observations.
The webinar will be hosted by GIRI. A limited number of places are available and they will be allocated on a first-come basis with preference given to GIRI member companies.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register. Joining instructions will be sent out before the event.
Deadline for registration is close of business on Tuesday 19th May.
For all queries please contact email@example.com