GIRI forum: Creating and maintaining a positive culture throughout the industry.
Date: Thursday 4th June 2020
Time: 4:00pm - 5:00pm
Cost: Free (Open to GIRI members and industry professionals)
This is the third online forum hosted by GIRI during the Covid-19 crisis. The first forum focussed on understanding the new challenges faced by the industry, and the second on staff morale and behaviour.
This forum will concentrate on how we can create, and maintain, a positive culture of error avoidance throughout industry as we negotiate the current crisis. Once again Nick Francis will be leading the forum.
How will participants benefit?
One of the top concerns facing the industry is how we can avoid a spike in costly errors whilst we focus on handling the Covid-19 crisis.
This forum will focus on our culture; the impact the crisis may be having on our efforts to eliminate error; and what we can do to instill a positive quality culture amidst the current chaos.
We will examine the rapidly-changing culture of the industry, in particular exploring people’s capacity to focus on avoiding errors whilst grappling with the current situation.
Delegates will participate in an interactive workshop to identify key measures that can positively influence culture in these challenging times. Nick Francis from GIRI Training & Consultancy will then deliver excerpts from the GIRI Supervisor & Manager courses and Interfaces courses, explaining the underpinning principles of effective communication, and how applying some very simple principles can drive a culture of error avoidance.
- Introduction from GIRI Executive Director, Tom Barton, including an update on the outcomes from the first two forums.
- Interactive workshop to identify the key issues which may currently be undermining efforts to 'get it right first time'.
- Exploration of corporate cultures, including a lesson on the Johnson and Scholes cultural web.
- Workshop to explore our current cultures, how quality is being impacted by the COVID-19 crisis, and what measures should be taken to instil a culture of error avoidance.
- Summary of key observations.
The webinar will be hosted by GIRI. A limited number of places are available and they will be allocated on a first-come basis with preference given to GIRI member companies.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register. Joining instructions will be sent out before the event.
Deadline for registration is close of business on Tuesday 2nd June.
For all queries please contact email@example.com