GIRI forum: Checking procedures and how they impact on error reduction
Date: Monday 2nd November 2020
Time: 1:30pm - 2:30pm
Cost: Free (Open to GIRI members and industry professionals)
This forum has been rescheduled from 19th October.
It will focus on the adoption and ownership of checking procedures in order to prevent error in the first place. Nick Francis from GIRI Training & Consultancy will lead the proceedings.
How will participants benefit?
Attendees will learn how to change procedures to enable them to move away from checking after the event, and will discuss inspection & testing plans that have an impact before the error is made.
They will compare different methods by which they can check that error will be avoided; participate in a group discussion of proactive, and retrospective ITPs; collectively create a ‘spectrum’ of measures that can be implemented to check for error before work starts.
The forum will involve an interactive workshop in which Nick Francis will deliver excerpts from the GIRI supervisors & managers course, drawing on the ‘build it in your brain’ model and set up breakout groups in which all attendees will contribute to building the spectrum of measures.
- Introduction from GIRI Executive Director, Tom Barton, including an update on the outcomes from previous forums.
- Group exercise to identify current methods of “checking for” and “preventing” error.
- Explanation of the GIRI “build it in your brain” model.
- Group exercise to develop a spectrum of proactive and reactive error prevention measures.
- Group discussion of practical measures to create appropriate ITPs which actually prevent error.
- Summary of key observations.
The webinar will be hosted online by GIRI and secure links will be sent to registered participants before the event. A limited number of places are available and they will be allocated on a first-come basis with preference given to GIRI member companies.
The webinar will also use the Mural whiteboard software, to enable participants to collaborate and capture their thoughts.
Participants may wish to watch these two short videos before attending the workshops:
- The cost of error in construction: https://getitright.uk.com/resources/videos/what-is-the-real-cost-of-error-our-short-film-explains
- Introduction to Mural: https://youtu.be/mhslj4-OSRM
To register email email@example.com
Deadline for registrations is midday, 29th October 2020.