CIOB webinar: Quality in construction & panel discussion
Date: Wednesday 5th August 2020
Time: 1:00pm - 2:00pm
Join the CIOB and GIRI for a live webinar and panel discussion on quality in construction, featuring Mark Beard CIOB President, Paul Nash CIOB Past President and GIRI Director Tom Barton.
Chaired by Nicola Hodson MCIOB
Introduction by Mark Beard CIOB President
Paul Nash MSc PPCIOB
The new Building Safety Bill is a once in a generation opportunity to change attitudes to building safety in our industry and ensure that those who occupy higher risk residential buildings are safe, and feel safe, in their homes. Paul Nash MSc PPCIOB will explain the main parts of the bill and what they mean for those who design, procure, construct and manage buildings in scope.
Stephen Hodder MBE, Chair CIC, Owner, Chairman at Hodder & Partners
Tom Barton, Executive Director GIRI & FICE
The Get It Right Initiative has 55 members from most sectors and disciplines in the Construction Industry. Our research suggests that we are spending between 15% and 25% of total project costs dealing with the consequences of avoidable error. We will explain the aims of the GIRI membership which are to
- Create a culture and working environment to get it right from the start.
- Change attitudes and harness leadership responsibility to reduce error and improve quality and productivity.
- Engage all stakeholders in eliminating error from inception, through operation, to completion.
- Share knowledge about error reduction processes and systems.
- Improve skills across the sector creating a positive approach to pre-empting error.
Attendance is free and open to all - for registration details visit https://events.ciob.org/ehome/index.php?eventid=200208763&