Autumn members' meeting
Location: Institution of Civil Engineers
Date: Thursday 8th September 2022
Time: 9:00am - 1:00pm
Cost: Free to employees of GIRI member companies (By invitation only.)
Register now for our Autumn Members' Meeting and networking lunch, which will take place at the Institution of Civil Engineers, 1 Great George St in Westminster.
Numbers are limited so register now to secure your place! This event is only open to employees of GIRI member companies.
Formal proceedings start at 9.30am and will conclude around midday, followed by a free networking lunch.
The theme for this meeting is communication, which is a central thread in all of GIRI's training courses.
Matthew Lloyd, Jemima Pring, Jason Heffron, Camargue
The case for communication – how can we get it right?
- Communicating the importance of addressing error – getting organisations to listen
- Aligning our error message with industry and media trends – showing its relevance
- What GIRI is doing to grow and support the GIRI mission
- Welcoming feedback to help constantly tailor and improve our communications activity
Alex Marler, partner, Weightmans.
Crossed wires – how communication failures can lead to errors and claims, and how they can be avoided.
Problems on construction projects can be caused by the parties failing to properly understand one other, as much as by errors in the actual design or construction.
Alex will discuss some examples, using these cautionary tales to consider how such issues can be avoided.
Professor Perry Shard, head of quality - UK Construction & Group Civils, Sisk
The role of language in communicating and reinforcing continual improvement: the Sisk approach.
- Our GIRI deployment plan
- Integrating GIRI into all that we do
- Extending GIRI language into operational delivery
- Engagement both with our staff and outside of Sisk
- Case study on Non-Conformance Reporting Cost of Quality Dashboard
Chris Klaassen, consultant, GIRI Training & Consultancy Limited
GIRI training courses - communicating what, why, who and how they are helping member organisations to eliminate error.
- Empowering companies, project teams and individuals to get it right first time.
Jack Smith, development manager, Platform
Brevity is the soul of wit.
Registration is now closed. If you have any questions or wish to change your RSVP please contact email@example.com