Training Across Interfaces
Berkeley Homes, Hochtief and Sir Robert McAlpine, supported by Hoare Lea and Bennetts Associates, are developing this scheme to address issues in design management and construction planning, to ensure effective design coordination, interface management, sequencing, planning and scheduling of trades.
Design Management and Training across Interfaces
The aim of this scheme is to deal with error at interface. Across two modules it provides an overview for people involved with a project as well as detailed training for people planning and designing the interfaces.”
Part 1] provides an overview for people involved with different project phases and includes:
- Look at how interfaces are currently managed: what commonly goes wrong? /what can be done differently? / how interfaces can be improved by better design and planning?
- Look at how short-term programming currently picks up trade-trade interface: who is supervising each interface ? / whose inspection and testing plans cover each interface?
- Reviews the role of the main contractor with regards to reducing disruption between critical interfaces: what part do they play?
- Promote the better understanding/ trust/ communication across interfaces and early problem identification/prevention
Part 2] provides detailed training for people planning and designing the interfaces and includes:
- Design Management Modules for design managers on Interface Issues, Sequencing, Planning